Location: Eau Claire, WI
Reports To: Process Engineering Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Tool Maker is responsible to operate and maintain the machine shop to support day-to-day manufacturing requirements with an emphasis on injection mold tool fabrication/maintenance. Duties include in-depth knowledge of proper operation of all machine tools, maintain proper stock of materials/tools/bits, design/document/create jigs, fixtures and tools to support production requirements. Machinist to recommend and specify new equipment and tools required to augment required capabilities.
- Set-up, operate, and maintain all manual machine tools required.
- Determine appropriate mold tool modifications and complete the machining.
- Design, document, and create tools, molds, dies, fixtures, jigs, and replacement components.
- Develop and maintain tool specifications.
- Assist in design, development, testing of tools necessary for the manufacture of product.
- Identify and request material stock, tools, and equipment to maintain shop efficiency.
- Program, setup, and operate CNC milling machine.
- Proficient with CAD and CAD-CAM program(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
3 – 5 years demonstrated maching tool experience
2 year Associates Degree in Machine Tool
The ability to understand verbal, written or visual instruction. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to effectively communicate with their supervisor.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with peers.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Responsive to customer (Manufacturing) requests.
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrates perspective and ethical behavior.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Knowledge/experience in injection mold tool design and fabrication.
- Positive, can do attitude