Production Associate II
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time
As a member of the Assembly team, you will use your exceptional fine motor skills to perform crimping and soldering activities on wires and cables. You’ll need to endure extensive sitting, have good eyesight and the ability to use magnifying equipment. Soldering experience, IPC/J Standard training a plus.
- Manipulate hand tools and equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Effective use of wire handling and molding equipment and machinery, as well as electrical testing equipment.
- Accurately measure products in process of productions as well as end products.
- Use calibrated equipment; effective use of a caliper and other precision equipment
- Ability to efficiently and effectively work independantly on product, machine/equipment set-up, and processes
- Work within Manufacturing to maintain and improve products and processes.
- Ability to train and lead fellow associates on specific products and processes
- Provide back-up leadership and accomplish back-up activities to Associate III’s as appropriate
- Provide Leadership to small groups and work cells
- Technical ability to program and adjust MN Wire machines and equipment
- Maintain workmanship standards as defined in the Minnesota Wire Workmanship Standards Manual.
Knowledge and Skills:
Minimum of two years experience in a manufacturing environment using fine motor skills and soldering.
High School Diploma or equivalent skills and abilities.
The ability to understand verbal, written or visual instruction. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to effectively communicate with their supervisor.
- Can legally work in the United States
- Must be able to lift 8 to 75 pounds based upon the individual assigned department.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Ability to maintain work schedule
- Willingness to learn new tasks and assignments
- Positive, can do attitude
- Maintain and Improve Departmental Safety, Organization, and Cleanliness