Process Technician – Molding
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Reports To: Process Engineering Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time
The Process Technician for Molding is responsible to assist in resolving day-to-day technical issues on the production floor. Duties will also include performing operator training, when needed, developing processes with Process Engineering, and recommending process improvements.
The Process Technician will lead, develop, and understand the technical aspects of Molding, including in-depth process knowledge, ability to determine and validate process parameters, and understanding of equipment set- up, operation and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for all aspects of the injection molding process including, but not limited to, set-up and tear down, troubleshooting, equipment maintenance and workflow.
- Working with production personnel and R&D to ensure molded components meet requirements, making adjustments as required.
- Providing molded components in a timely manner in order to ensure production schedules are met.
- Working with outside vendors to develop tooling and fixtures that result in the manufacturing of high-quality products.
- Managing raw molding materials in a way that ensures traceability and prevents contamination.
- Generating documentation on molding runs that can be used to control traceability and ensure reproducibility.
- Working with Production and Quality during concept, prototyping, and release of new products.
- Following established procedures in order to maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Drafting and performing mold validations.
- Maintain an “Action Register” for every piece of equipment and associated technology assigned.
- Responsible for major implementation of associated technologies such as equipment validations, IQOQPQ, preventative maintenance, calibration, as well as practiced user and practices as simple as keeping machines clean in presentable order.
- Responsible for training and executing operational validation of employees on molding equipment.
- Mentor and train production operators in proper equipment operation and assembly techniques.
Knowledge and Skills:
Two to four years of demonstrated aptitude in injection mold set-up and operations.
High School diploma; two-year Associates Degree preferred.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with peers.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Responsive to customer (Manufacturing) requests.
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrates perspective and ethical behavior.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to self-manage and effectively prioritize.
- Ability to receive direction from Process Engineering.
- Knowledge/experience in wire & cable industry.