Manufacturing Documentation & Quotation Coordinator
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Reports To: Quotation Manager
Classification: Full Time
Department: Corporate Services
The primary role of the Technician is to perform specialized and complex clerical services for Documentation Control and Quoting. This position requires independence, judgment and initiative. The ideal candidate works extensively with Microsoft Products especially the use and manipulation of Excel spreadsheets and technical writing within Word. Position reports to the Quotation Manager.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment that includes sitting at a desk, participating in conference calls or meetings, the use of computers/phones and completion of paperwork. Job may require some driving and traveling; typically between MN Wire facilities.
Minnesota Wire proudly offers a full-service suite of medical, aerospace and military manufacturing capabilities of wire, cable, harness, and interconnect assemblies. Our product utilization spans from offering Life Saving Connections in the medical field to powering satellites in space. Our long 54-year history provides security and room for advancement for the ideal candidate.
- Evaluating, interpreting, analyzing, planning/organizing, documenting and implementing in a cross-functional environment.
- The performance of multiple simultaneous activities; where deadlines need to be met.
- Completing work under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
- Requires working together with other areas to meet common corporate goals.
Knowledge and Skills:
Costing or Engineering Course Work/Experience Preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Capable of reading and interpreting a variety of Engineering drawings
- Well versed in English reading, writing and speaking
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Must be a self-motivated individual
- Analytical Thinking: Taking a logical approach to analyzing problems, developing solutions and organizing work.
- Ability to work with a variety of conversion types – (i.e. metric to English, length, volume, area)
- Strong mathematical capabilities
- Inquisitive: Continually scanning the environment for new information, equipment and strategies.
- Initiative: Ability to take independent action and look beyond what the job or situation requires.
- Teamwork: Facilitating cooperation within and across functions in order to achieve common goals and MN Wire’s mission.
- Outstanding communication skills – both oral and written as well as in person and virtual
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills – able to set priorities, responsive to requests, efficient time management
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Possess a positive can-do attitude
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quote Packets
- Scan packets to Engineering
- Work with Sales team to ensure accurate/complete information
- Compile Costs for Quoting
- Review ECN’s for Cost Changes to Products
- Keep Quote Log and Attend Weekly Sales Meeting
- Maintain Monthly/Quarterly Charting
- Create/Update Vendor RFQs/Spreadsheet Quotes
- Work with Process Engineering to Ensure Accurate Processes During Quoting
- Work with Design and Process Engineers to Develop Manufacturing Documentation
- Review ECN’s with Process Engineering for Corrections to Manufacturing Documentation
- Attend Sales Hand Off Meetings with Engineering
- Manufacturing DCR’s
- Ensure Manufacturing Documentation are at Current Standards
- Work with Scheduling to Ensure ECN’s are Captured on Schedule