Buyer / Procurement Specialist
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Reports To: Director, Corporate Services
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Department: Corporate Services
The Buyer / Procurement Specialist is responsible for the timely planning and purchasing of materials for products supporting production schedules and inventory strategies. This position seeks and establishes new supply sources for existing products. Other responsibilities include supplier oversight and management to ensure schedules, costs and quality objectives are achieved.
- Cultivate Supplier relationships
- Negotiate pricing and terms with supplier in order to maximize cashflow
- Prepare (plan and schedule) purchase orders. Manage material flow to ensure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels
- Maintain supplier information within an ERP system
- Assist and support activities including inventory evaluation & management, reporting, data mining, analysis and process improvements
- Track supplier performance and assist in the development and maintenance of supplier relationships
- Experience with purchasing through an ERP system and good understanding of data flow through same
- Possess basic knowledge of supply chain, manufacturing and shipping activities
- Practice Problem solving and decision making in situations for which no routine solutions exist
- Understand the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility and accountability
- Capable of reading and interpreting a variety of drawings
- Ability to work with a variety of conversion types – (i.e. metric to English, length, volume, area,)
- Strong mathematical capabilities
- Sound knowledge Microsoft office
- Purchasing experience
Knowledge and Skills:
Minimum of three to five years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
College degree preferred in Supply Chain Management or equivalent skills and abilities
Work includes evaluating, interpreting, analyzing, planning and organizing, documenting and implementing. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. The job requires working together with other areas to meet common corporate goals.
- Must be a self-motivated individual.
- Analytical Thinking – Taking a logical approach to analyzing problems, developing solutions and organizing work.
- Conceptual Thinking – Identifying the key aspects of complex situations and understanding the “big picture”.
- Information Seeking – Continually scans the environment for new information and strategies.
- Initiative – Taking independent action and going beyond what the job or situation requires.
- Teamwork – Facilitating cooperation within and across functions in order to achieve common goals.
- Outstanding communications skills both oral and written with a keen sense of cultural differences while working with international vendors
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills, able to set priorities, and responsive to requests.